We pack a lot into this one day course in order to give you a solid platform that you can build on in the
The course will cover the following:
- Causes of avalanches
- Understanding avalanche bulletins
- Route planning in avalanche terrain
- Reading the signs identifying clues as to potential hazards
- Risk reduction
- Safer travel techniques
- What to do if caught in an avalanche
- Effective use of transceivers, shovels and probes
- Organising a simple rescue
For 2021/2022 season courses we will meet at 08:45 at the Cafe Marmattons at Grand Montets ski area.
Courses usually finish around 16:00-16:30.
Professional Instruction throughout the day
Free use of top quality avalanche safety equipment. NB If you want to borrow equipment, please annotate
this on your booking form under "remarks".
Don't worry about minimum numbers to make the course run. ALL of our courses are guaranteed. If you book -
the course will run.
If you have the time we strongly recommend you also book the Avalanche Progression Course for the
Not sure about the course ? Why not scroll to the bottom of the page and see what previous clients thought