Building on the foundation of knowledge you already have this one day course will take you to the next
level. You will learn how to assess risks for yourself, and make effective route finding decisions.
The course will cover the following:
- Planning a day using off-piste guidebooks, maps, and the avalanche forecast.
- Identification of avalanche terrain
- Snow science (including the formation of the snow pack)
- Influence of the weather and terrain
- Simple snow profiling exercises
- Safer travel techniques
- Realistic multiple burial rescue scenarios
- Organising complex rescues
Please note that early and late season courses are run on ski touring equipment which you will need to
provide. This is due to the unpredictable amounts of snow that we might have and allow the group to access
the best terrain. If you have to rent touring equipment, we recommend Comcept Pro in Chamonix centre as a
place to hire from. Mention Avalanche Academy for a discount when hiring.
Professional Instruction throughout the day
Free use of top quality avalanche safety equipment - NB If you want to borrow equipment, please annotate
this on your booking form under "remarks".
Details of your instructor, training venue, and meeting place for the day will be e mailed to you upon
Don't worry about minimum numbers to make the course run. ALL of our courses are guaranteed. If you book -
the course will run.
Not sure about the course ? Why not scroll to the bottom of the page and see what previous clients thought